[Coco] Tape emulation

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:25:53 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 12:35 AM, Michael Brant <brant.michael.l at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I know we can use various media players to play tape audio to be read by
> the CoCo.
> In my original CoCo days I never used the tape functions.  When not using
> real tapes how are people saving files using what the cooc thinks is a tape
> but using modern hardware?
> My main reason is for saving data while using program paks that don't allow
> for use of a disk drive via an MPI.

​Michael, one of the things some people do is use a PC with the tape cable
connected to the audio in / out lines.  Then using a audio recorder like
Audacity record the audio as you save out what ever you need.

There are still audio tape decks that you can get that should work with the
CoCo as well.

​