[Coco] CCASM

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Mar 1 10:04:53 EST 2016

On Tuesday 01 March 2016 09:20:57 Robert Gault wrote:

> Robert Hermanek wrote:
> > I've been using the CCASM cross assembler for ages... occurs to me
> > my version 4.0 may no longer be current.  Anyone know if this is
> > still being supported, or if there is an official web page/etc?  A
> > few quick google searches didn't bring up anything more recent than
> > 2009...
> >
> > Thanks
> > -RobertH
>
> The latest version is 5.82 (4/26/15) which you can get at
> http://www.phoenixide.com/downloads/cm582.exe
>
> One major difference is that there is a parameter switch to select
> 6809 only assembly or both 6809/6309 assembly. If you use this
> assembler with RainbowIDE, the IDE selection of 6809/6309 is just
> cosmetic and you must configure the assembler by adding a     -6309
>  to the command line if you want to assemble for that cpu.
>
> Robert

I note after grabbing it, and putting it where my coco3 can access it,
that its extension is .exe.  Its also bigger than a 80 track floppy.  Am
I to assume this is some sort of a windows specific package with an
auto-unpacker?

If thats the case, how do I use it on linux?

Or is it not practical, having no advantage over the assemblers we
already have for both linux and the coco's, several 6309 capable asm's
for the coco's and mamou and lwtools for use on linux?

Call me curious.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)