[Coco] Floppy Days #51 - Part 3 on the TI-994/A Tech Specs and Modern Upgrades with Tursi

Randall Kindig randall.kindig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:25:57 EST 2016

The TI-99/4A - Tech Specs, Peripherals, Modern Upgrades with Tursi

http://floppydays.libsyn.com/floppy-days-51-ti99-tech-specs-modern-upgrades-with-tursi <http://floppydays.libsyn.com/floppy-days-51-ti99-tech-specs-modern-upgrades-with-tursi>
This show is a continuation of the on-going series about the TI-99/4A computer.  In the last couple of episodes, I had TI-99 fans Jim Fetzner and Mark Wills on the show and interviewed them about their experiences with the TI-99 and then we covered the history of the machine.  In this show, I have a new co-host, Mike Brent, better known as Tursi or Harmless Lion, the creator of the Classic 99 emulator and so much more.  After a short interview with Tursi, we discuss the technical aspects of the TI-99, including the tech specs, peripherals, modern upgrades, and connectivity to modern computers.  It’s an information-filled show, so I hope you enjoy it.

Before we get into that, I’ll discuss a few new vintage computer-related acquisitions that have come my way, give you the scoop on upcoming shows, and share with you a few pieces of feedback I’ve received about the show from listeners.

Randall Kindig
host Floppy Days floppydays.com