[Coco] Formatting L.R. Tech Hard Drive in OS9 Level II

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Jan 10 21:26:22 EST 2016

> On Jan 10, 2016, at 18:10, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Mark, try Nitros9 L2 and use the superdriver "rbsuper" along with it's sub, "llktLr" (it may have to be custom built). This is the scsi driver for bot kenton and lr tech.

I may give that a try if I can't get it working under contemporary software. I have not created any NitrOS9 disks yet, and my first preference is to use original OS9 software on the system.

> And YES, the nitros9 format cmd WILL do low level formatting. That part of the process is part of the drive and controller, not the OS. The OS just needs to know the proper cmds to issue and when the right driver is used, NitrOS9 knows the right cmds :-)

Thanks! Good to know!

I found an Owl-Ware ad on page 14 of the August, 1986 Rainbow Magazine in which they offer L.R. Tech based systems. The ad states "Install in any slot of Multi-Pak or use Y cable". So, that answers that question!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/