[Coco] New CoCo'er, Some Q's and looking for hardware

admin at kd8cgo.com admin at kd8cgo.com
Wed Feb 24 18:18:51 EST 2016

On 02/24/2016 11:00 PM, Zippster wrote:
> Welcome to the group John.  :)
>
> The 512K upgrade is something you definitely want, a lot of the better CoCo3 software requires it.
> As others mentioned, just email Cloud9 and Mark will set you up with whatever you need from them.
>
> I was the person that did a run of RGB2VGA boards for the group.  They aren’t the cheapest option,
> because of the DE-0 Nano FPGA development board that’s required, but they work very well.
> I have a few PCBs left, I could set you up with one if you decide to go that way.
> Here’s some info on it...
> <https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/rgb2vga <https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/rgb2vga>>
> <http://www.cococommunity.net/vga-for-the-coco-3/ <http://www.cococommunity.net/vga-for-the-coco-3/>>
> <https://sites.google.com/site/thezippsterzone/rgb2vga <https://sites.google.com/site/thezippsterzone/rgb2vga>>
>
> There’s a pretty active Facebook group for the CoCo that you might want to check out in addition to
> this mailing list.  <https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/ <https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/>>
>
> Have fun!
>
> - Ed

Hi Ed!

I am very interested in the RGB2VGA project, that is great.  I see it
might not be the cheapest, but it seems like a great community-driven
option - I see someone is even making 3D printed cases for it now after
some more search-fu!  I don't mind soldering, so if it's just a PCB and
I can digikey the components, that's OK with me.  I hope the DE0 Nano
has a Linux toolchain.  I've never worked with an FPGA before!  Get back
to me if you'd be willing to sell one.

Barry Nelson mentioned the CoCoSDC might be a good piece of hardware if
it's still available - it would be a great option to get the CoCo
running stand-alone from a DW server.  If you've still got boards or
kits for those, I'd be interested as well.

I don't do Facebook, otherwise I'd be happy to join the other group too.
  Same reason I didn't join the cocoFPGA group, no Yahoo! account, don't
really want one, and they seem to want my first born, DOB, phone number,
etc. to sign up!  No Thanks! :-P

Thanks!

--John, kd8cgo