[Coco] DriveWire problem

Camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:50:16 EST 2016

Hi, Steven,

Are you running DW server on windows?
Then run it as administrator, so that you have full rights to do I/O.
Maybe it does not work but will not harm in trying either....

cb

On 2/14/2016 4:07:21 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but no matter what I've tried I cannot
write to a drivewire volume!

When I attempt to copy a file to the volume, it usually gets as far as
creating a zero-length file of the correct name. Then it dies with an
Error #245. I'm unable to remove the directory entry (same error).

I checked the server and the disk file is writable by anyone (not sure
what id DW uses for disk access). It is similarly not write-protected in
DW.

The DW GUI is showing pairs of messages:

Sun Feb 14 2016 16:53:47.362 WARN DWProtocolHandler dwproto-0-9
Timed out reading from CoCo in OP_WRITE

Sun Feb 14 2016 16:53:47.367 WARN DWProtocolHandler dwproto-0-9
OP_WRITE took 286ms.

on every attempt.

What on earth am I missing or doing wrong? I could swear this has always
"just worked".

Steve