[Coco] DriveWire problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:07:15 EST 2016

I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but no matter what I've tried I cannot
write to a drivewire volume!

When I attempt to copy a file to the volume, it usually gets as far as
creating a zero-length file of the correct name.  Then it dies with an
Error #245.  I'm unable to remove the directory entry (same error).

I checked the server and the disk file is writable by anyone (not sure
what id DW uses for disk access).  It is similarly not write-protected in
DW.

The DW GUI is showing pairs of messages:

Sun Feb 14 2016 16:53:47.362  WARN   DWProtocolHandler   dwproto-0-9
    Timed out reading from CoCo in OP_WRITE

Sun Feb 14 2016 16:53:47.367  WARN   DWProtocolHandler   dwproto-0-9
     OP_WRITE took 286ms.

on every attempt.

What on earth am I missing or doing wrong?  I could swear this has always
"just worked".

Steve