[Coco] HDBDOS Virtual Drives

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 01:04:32 EST 2016

Ed, you should be able to use the old poke to print the dir. To keep from doing this manually for all 256 drives, just write a small basic program to print a dir, change drive, print a dir etc, etc.. The poke is:

POKE 111,254:DIR

So a quick and dirty way would be:

After setting up your capture file in VCC's Bitbanger tab;

10 FOR X=0 TO 255:DRIVE X:POKE 111,254:DIR:NEXT X

To do a number of DW4 VHDs in HDBDOS, try:

10 FOR X=0 TO 4: DRIVE#X:FOR Y=0 TO 255:DRIVE Y:POKE 111,254:DIR:NEXT Y:NEXT X

Remember to close your capture file before trying to read it or you'll get an "In Use" error when you try to open it in Windows.
I just tried this an it worked fine. Just remember, this can't be done in the old VCC 1.43b with the built-in becker port using DW4, but only on old Vcc 1.42 and the newer Vcc with the "becker.dll" cart (on or off as it no longer uses the bitbanger).

Hope this helps :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/