[Coco] The Hobbit ported to 6809 (Dragon64 and coCo2 64k) - ENDED!

Pere psergm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:06:30 EDT 2016

Hello,
The Hobbit was ported for the Dragon/Tano in mind only, and as the number
of images increased a lot, I decided to use a 360k disk, exactly 1441
sectors
because we add one header sector. The CoCo-SDC accepts VDK files with
header and this version works well there too.

As soon as I began the port to CoCo2 I had to use Exomizer2 to compress the
images and with the last few additions the images didn't fit into a 35 track
disk
so I used a 40 track disk (bad idea!). It works but requires to 'POKE' the
DOS1.1
using the data from Super Extended Basic (unravelled series)
The only other poke is POKE&HFFB1,&H36 to ensure that in text mode the
yellow
color apears too (before it was changed to red)

Yesterday, I made some tests with both my CoCo3 and XRoar-Becker port and
Drivewire4 and had problems reading the 40 track disk (final sectors)
Clearly HDB-DOS or SDC-DOS are not exactly the RS-DOS1.1 that the program
patches ...

So, I have been thinking of schrinking a bit more some screens so that all
of them fit into a 35 std disk. This will allow me to 'delete' the DOS patch
and working with two standard 35 tracks disk should have to work even from
any DriveWire server
Just give me a bit of time to search for the images that could be 'modified'
so
that when exomized they fit into a granule instead of into two. There are
some of them in the limit of that 50%.
If I can do that, then I will upload a new (more reliable) version.

By the way, my CoCo3 with twin drives worked perfectly at double speed, but
this cannot be guaranteed, so in the version I lhave right now, there are:
H1X.BIN (single speed), H2X.BIN (double speed, no surprise) and finally
HIMG.BIN that switches to 2x only when loading images to PMODE4
The SDC seems to have no problems at double speed.

Sorry, I was forgetting the last question:
I use DW4 server v4.3.4e

cheers
pere