[Coco] The Hobbit ported to 6809 (Dragon64 and coCo2 64k) - ENDED!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 19:44:11 EDT 2016

I tried the Hobbit on the CocoFPGAand it ran fine... but it had "odd" coloring. If I chose green screen, when the Smaug logo comes up (and the rest of the game), the screen is bright green at the top about 1/2 of an inch, then immediately gets really dark green for the rest of the screen. You can barely see the black lettering. If you choose the white screen (hitting any key but G), the same happens but white to grey.
I was wondering if some of the special pokes Pere is using to get thing going is messing with CocoFPGA's pallettes or graphics modes.
I rant it using dw4, slot 0.
LOADM"H1"<ENTER>
EXEC<ENTER>

Then at the "Smaug" intro screen, switch to the data disk in slot 0 and hit <ENTER>
You have to use the disk image labeled "Coco" not "Dragon". The Dragon disk is VDK which DW4 doesn't like so well and it's also in Dragon format which the Coco can't read.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com