[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 166, Issue 36

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Aug 25 05:53:48 EDT 2016

There's quite a few places that need to be patched, though for your
purposes, you probably need to patch only the main DSKCON routine that does
sector reads and writes.

Perhaps someone here can point to a file that contains the necessary fixes.

Be aware that you'd need one set of fixes for Disk Basic 1.0 and an
entirely different set for DIsk Basic 1.1.  I don't think it's worth the
trouble, since disk i/o speed is limited in any case by the rotational
speed of the floppy, so gains from going to double speed for disk i/o would
be minimal, mainly from occasionally saving an extra rotation to get the
required sector under the drive head, which saves 0.2 seconds.  Better to
just drop the CoCo 3 back to single speed temporarily when disk i/o is
needed.

Art