[Coco] The Hobbit ported to 6809 (Dragon64 and coCo2 64k)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Aug 21 18:43:26 EDT 2016

The check you are doing at $C008-9 will fail if the CoCo has Disk Basic 1.0
(or a 3rd party modified Disk Basic based on that version, such as ADOS).
You should check for the 1.0 value (see Disk Basic Unravelled) as well.

The poke to $FFDE will do no harm on the earlier CoCos, so might as well do
it unconditionally, unless that will mess up things for the Dragon.

To check for the CoCo 3 (if you actually need this additional test), try
this:  Prior to doing the $FFDE poke, look at someplace within the Super
Extended Basic range to see if the value matches the CoCo 3 one.  You need
to do this BEFORE going to ROM mode, or the value won't be there.

There are also places within Color Basic that have values unique to the
CoCo 3, where the test for a CoCo 3 could be done in ROM mode, like where
the DLOAD command code used to be on the earlier CoCos.

(Or, as I see Brett has just suggested, check the interrupt vectors.)

Art