[Coco] OT: Upgrade to WIndows 10?

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 21 10:13:07 EST 2015

Art, I took the plunge one week ago.  The upgrade was flawless.  I'm using
an HP desktop p2-1317c, which is relatively new, but a low end PC running
Win 8.1.  The upgrade took 2.5 hours total.  The first scheduled reboot took
place an hour after starting the process.  The next few scheduled reboots
took 1.5 hours more, so you need to be patient, and just watch the process.
Lots of downloading, but no user interaction needed.

I was concerned by what I had been reading when MS first started to push the
upgrade, so waited until now.  What was interesting to me is that my home
screen under Win 10 really looks almost identical to what was running under
8.1.  All my applications are in their same locations on my desktop screen,
as well as the same desktop picture.  I did need to pin Internet Explorer
back to the task bar.  It had disappeared and a new MS browser had appeared
(Edge?)  I run Norton Security, and right after the final reboot, Norton
told me that that new browser was not protected as well as IE or Chrome, so
I have not used it yet.

All my applications still work as before, including my Canon printer
drivers.  Pretty flawless.  I'd go for it.  Let me know your experiences,
and the time it took from start to finish.