[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 15:32:13 EST 2015

First, you must have the "harddrive.dll" in slot 3 (along with "fd502.dll" in slot 4)

2nd you must then mount the vhd image in "HD Drive 0" slot that is created in the "Cartridge" menu after mounting the "harddrive.dll"

3rd, you must be using the "rgbdos.rom" in "Cartridge/FD-502 Config/DosImage" and check "RGB Dos".

You are currently (according to your stated setup) not even using the hard drive emulation so therefore cannot use a VHD at all, only "dsk" images. The FD-502 disk controller emulates the standard RS floppy disk controller, not a hard drive controller. That only gives you DECB which cannot access HDs (or VHDs). RGBDOS is set up to use VHDs with 256 vitrual RSDOS disks and an OS9 partiton. You must follow the above steps to use the VHD.

Instructions for using RGBDOS are basically the same as for HDBDOS for which the manual can be found on the Cloud9 site un "Support".

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com