[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Nov 8 21:13:20 EST 2015

I have posted it here for now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RnV5G0TZFZUFQwNnRyRjFrRW8/view?usp=sharing

> Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
> Sun Nov 8 17:55:42 EST 2015
> I can see that your disk is based on my programs at
> http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Downloads/Downloads.htm
> which include under "10) RGBDOS" utilities to build such a virtual hard drive
> and the OS-9 driver/descriptor /V# for accessing "drives" in the Disk Basic
> partition of the .vhd. A similar stocked .vhd disk was on the VCC emulator site
> using RGBDOS.
> I'd bet that most if not all of the games are from the collections by Briza at
> the CoCo Downunder site. While that site seems to be down, the collection is
> available at
> http://cocohut.blogspot.com/2007/03/coco-downunder-up-and-running.html
>
> Robert

I used those and other sources to compile the collection on this disk. The HDBACK program was written by me, the OS-9 partition also contains my source code to XCOM9, plus misc other source code I have accumulated, as well as a functional C compiler. NitrOS9 was upgraded from 3.2.8 to 3.3.0. Many other programs, utilities and files were added under OS-9, many from my own hard drive image. The AUTOEXEC program was tweaked and updated, an exit to BASIC menu choice was added. The NitrOS9 boot was tweaked and updated. The following loadable driver modules were created by me and tested. To use them run (for example) load drivewire_mods

drivewire_mods	Provides access to to drivewire becker port drives and devices.
printer_mods	Provides access to the /p device for printing.
vdisk_mods	Provides access to /v0, to allow access to RSDOS virtual floppies from NitrOS9, use dmode /v0 and set the stp value to specify the virtual floppy to access. The tsp value defaults to 255, to allow you to easily update the virtual NitrOS9 boot floppy.
ide_ff50_mods	Provide access to an emulated Glenside IDE controller at address FF50 to allow access to up to two hard disk images.
ide_ff60_mods	As above, but changed to address ff60 to coexist with the EmuDisk driver. By using this you can mount up to two more hard disk images for a total of three without using a Drivewire server.

There are many other programs and updates, have fun exploring and feel free to ask questions.
Try the "meep" command, and also "ball" and "maze". :) Some of the NitrOS9 programs will require you to change your CMDS path using the chx command to run them, and some will require you to be on the 32 column screen when you start them (switch screens with the "Home" key).