[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Nov 8 17:55:42 EST 2015

Barry Nelson wrote:
> I have put together the "ultimate" VCC hard disk image using EmuDisk (not DriveWire, or Becker port). It is base off an older image I downloaded some time ago and includes ~250 DECB disk images. I updated the NitrOS9 partition to 3.30 and added loadable driver modules to support Becker port and Glenside IDE I/O, as well as printer port I/O and DECB virtual disk I/O using "/V0". The DECB disk image number "/V0" accesses is set by using dmode on "/V0" and setting the stp value. Is anyone interested? Where would be a good place to store this is there is interest? Below is a  content listing (well, most of the content, anyway). So… What should I do with this?

Barry,

While not the "ultimate" collection, it is a very good one and a reasonable
place to host this would be at
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
There are already several virtual hard disks in the repository at
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Virtual%20Hard%20Drives/
and your effort could go into a new directory.

Contact the site owner at
contact at colorcomputerarchive.com
and arrange for an appropriate location in the archive.

I can see that your disk is based on my programs at
http://aaronwolfe.com/robert.gault/Coco/Downloads/Downloads.htm
which include under "10) RGBDOS" utilities to build such a virtual hard drive
and the OS-9 driver/descriptor /V# for accessing "drives" in the Disk Basic
partition of the .vhd. A similar stocked .vhd disk was on the VCC emulator site
using RGBDOS.
I'd bet that most if not all of the games are from the collections by Briza at
the CoCo Downunder site. While that site seems to be down, the collection is
available at
http://cocohut.blogspot.com/2007/03/coco-downunder-up-and-running.html

Robert