[Coco] 3d printed EPROM cartridge housings

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 8 15:51:03 EST 2015

I saw your page, impressive.  I also grabbed a copy of Mark Blair's design that he has been so gracious to share with the community recently, I'll be using yours and his as reference.  I'm still awaiting parts for my Kossel delta printer to arrive but I'm tinkering with different modeling softwares to see what might be best for me to work with.  So far I've tried Google Sketchup (which I've used for Eagle PCB 3D models too and it can export to .STL files with a plugin) and AutoDesk 123 3D.  Both are free.  So far I think I'm preferring the AutoDesk 123 3d over Google Sketchup, the tools/interface seem more intuitive IMO.  If I'm not mistaken Mark's boards were done in a commercial program, but you used 'OpenSCAD'.  It appears to rely on a bunch of code to do the models, or atleast from the screen shots it appears that way.  How easy is that to use?

Also, it would be nice to be able to import and edit .STL files.  Google Sketchup cannot do this it seems.  Fortunately AutoDesk 123 3D can.   My intention is to start with a good solid layout for standard EPROM type cartridge housings then do cutout modifications for my externally controlled EEPROM boards.  Also, in the future, I still intend to clone one of the FD-50x FDC controllers, with upgraded support for 16K ROM's and bank switch capability built right in.  I will probably do a custom 3D print enclosure for these as well.

- Chad H
http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/