[Coco] 3d printed EPROM cartridge housings

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Nov 7 22:38:57 EST 2015

On 10/26/2015 12:55 PM, chadbh74 wrote:
>     I'm in the works of building a delta 3d printer that I plan on using to
>     Make, among other things, cases for EPROM boards.   I've been working
>     on the layout for each half of the cartridge in Google Sketch up 3d
>     modeler,  which I can export to the needed .STL format and convert to
>     .gcode from there.  I was wondering though if perhaps someone already
>     had a perfected layout in STL they might share for reference.  I intend
>     to make a version with a slot for my external controllers.  The jhead I
>     ordered is all metal and is supposed to be able to do many types of
>     materials, although I've only ordered PLA and ABS for the time being to
>     experiment with which would be best for different cases.  If anyone
>     could offer any insight Into this I would greatly appreciate it.
>     Thanks!
>
>     -Chad
>
>     https://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/
>
>     Sent from my Galaxy S4

I made a first stab at a CoCo case design to print on my old
Thing-O-Matic using OpenSCAD.  I wasn't trying to exactly replicate the
Tandy cartridge housings, and I never quite finished the design, though
I got a good start and it wouldn't take much to complete. You can see a
screenshot of the design on my blog:
https://8littlebits.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/cartridge-housing-cad/ If
you think it would do you any good, I could share my code, but you
probably are farther along than where I left this project.  It might
take me a day or so before I could dig up the files.

JCE