[Coco] Anyone using CMP ?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 31 15:50:53 EST 2015

Do many people who use an NTSC CoCo3 use a CMP monitor?

I'm getting an awful image with innacurate colors in a program I'm
creating when I do. I normally use my PAL CoCo3 on an RGB monitor and
the picture is excellent but testing some software on my NTSC CoCo3 and
using the conversion codes from RGB to CMP, the color accuracy is
shocking (I've adjusted the monitor tint).

The CMP palette and RGB palettes are the same on a PAL CoCo3 but NTSC is
like looking at it when one is truly stoned!

Is there an accurate RGB to CMP conversion chart anywhere?

I'm seriously thinking or abandoning the NTSC CMP color support if most
people are using an RGB colorset .

Nick