[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Dec 15 07:20:24 EST 2015

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 05:54:56 +1000
From: Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au>

On 15/12/2015 5:06 AM, Zippster wrote:
> Looking closer (at the CoCo1 setup, I would assume the others follow a similar setup),
> the 2 selector lines do control both the joystick and sound.  It looks like Darren is right that
> reading the joysticks would interrupt sound.  Switching between joystick inputs will also switch
> the sound source.
>
> So, maybe an output jack would not be such a bad idea after all.

Oh crap. It does too.  :(

No mixing. A jack may be the only option (or have both options) but this
adds cost and work.

This is only a problem if we want joysticks as well. But it still means
only 1 sound source at a time.
I'd like to say I remembered all that which is why I mentioned an output jack, but I can't! I vaguely recalled some programming overhead required for sound, but no clue as to why. You guys are the REAL programmers, I just played at it, and only text based stuff back when I did. Played a little sound bit I found at the beginning of a program, but nothing else going on for that 2-3 seconds.Never did learn graphics programming.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548