[Coco] SuperPak Cartridge... coming soon.

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 10 19:52:37 EST 2015

On 11/12/2015 10:41 AM, Zippster wrote:
> I agree $30 is the right target price for a new (single) game cart.
>
> A lot would depend on how much the plastic cases end up being.
>
> How much space do you think would be needed?  I can see hitting that
> target price with a simplified PCB with 1 CPLD and a 128k FLASH,
> depending on the case cost of course.
>
> - Ed

Is there a CPLD with at least 64K built in?

Otherwise, I wonder how much for a 27256 eprom and some basic TTL like
described in the Rainbow mag on how Radio Shack's super multi-packs worked?

The plastic cases will be the kicker and I am expecting them to be
expensive.

May be cheper to just buy Old ROM paks off ebay, clean 'em up and
re-purpose them.

Or sell just the board and the user can repurpose some old CoCo2 cart
that they never play.

Cost is the key.