[Coco] 512K EEPROM...or 4MB!!?

Camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 22:44:59 EST 2015

Yes, I like this very much. And to be honest it was one of my ideas to build something like this years ago.
Now I'm only have to pay you for the work...LOL

For my $0.02 worth opinion, maybe go with the one 4MB chip, then use the first 2K or more for a selection monitor controller program that does the same thing as your external arduino, but then on the coco.( starts like an normal cartridge). Rewrite your Arduino code or make use of Logicall ( or wat was the name of that nice boot loader program?). The software need to be tweaked of course so it select one out the many images and setup the right address selection.

Also does it need to be an EEPROM, a couple of cmos SRAM or not so killing expensive anymore, and a lithium cell 3.5 volt goes a long way. This gives you the opportunity, to have people program there images directly from the coco. ( option programming in yourFW or Logcall ).

Basically what I'm trying to say is combine your project...LOL

The more I write about it the more I want to design it, but thanks to you we can have something to play with, and it is a really awesome project, thanks a lot for the effort.

Keep up the good works.

cb

PS I will order a board from you soon.

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]