[Reynolds-L] We need volunteers.

Richard Meredith ricmeredith at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:20:05 EST 2016

Dear Fran, Roland, Joe and others

I only joined the RFA recently. I may be able to help, having researched my
family branches of the UK Reynolds back to
the mid 16th century.   My main tree is from the Cotswolds (Oxon, Glos,
Berks), with cadet branches in Suffolk, Devon and Ireland.

The Suffolk clan may be very interesting to rels in the USA, being heavily
connected with Thomas Pell, first lord of the manor of Pelham, Westchester
Co., New York.. while others from the Cotswolds emigrated over there when
the Civil War (that's ours and not yours !!) erupted in the 1640s.

Unfortunately, I am travelling for the next few weeks, but would like to
help breathe some new life into the RFA, if the membership can put a
constructive plan together..

BTW, someone has set a misconception under way in your early research -
where I see Knt after a Reynolds name ..... it being the english shortform
meaning they were a knight (as in *Sir* Henry Reynolds, for example),. It
is definitely  NOT an abbreviation of the county Kent.

best wishes to all,   richard  (a Reynolds on my maternal side)

*Richard Meredith*
Writer & traveller

1 Frederica Cottages, Newport Pagnell, Bucks MK16 0DD, England
T/F: +44 (0)1908.618439
mob. +44 (0)7980.286992
Literary: www.mercurybooks.co.uk
*Star read: Cromwell's Garrison Town*