[Reynolds-L] William Reynolds?

Larry Joe Reynolds Joe.Reynolds at reynoldsfamilycircle.com
Mon Nov 16 13:07:54 EST 2015

The following email was sent to me along with a picture that you can find
at: http://reynoldsfamily.org/william_reynolds.php, if you can identify this
individual, please let me know.

Joe

-----------------------

To whom it may concern,

Recently I acquired a painting of, who I believe to be, William Reynolds.
Who was the father of Sally Reynolds Hitt. She was married to Robert Roberts
Hitt. He was an assistant and a good friend to Abraham Lincoln.

The purpose of this note is to find someone that is able to identify the
gentleman in the portrait or who may own a photograph of William Reynolds to
compare.  On the back of the portrait there is a statement which reads "the
father of Sally Hitt Reynolds".

It was painted in 1879 by the well-known artist George Healy. He also was
the principal artist of Abraham Lincoln's portraits. At that time Healy was
in France as well as William Reynolds and Robert Hitt.

Any confirmation of the identity of this portrait that you could provide
would be appreciated.

Sherwood McCall

2618 Briar Ridge Drive

Houston, TX 77057