[Reynolds-L] DURHAM REUNION (REYNOLDS CONNECTIONS) SATURDAY JULY 11 2015 DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION UNION POINT, GREENE COUNTY, GEORGIA

vtoole vtoole at myinu.net
Sat May 30 00:41:33 EDT 2015

My James Reynolds b. c. 1750 or earlier was in Lunenburg County, Virginia,
then Halifax County, Virginia, then in Oglethorpe County, Georgia, on the
Greene-Oglethorpe County line by c. 1798.  Two of his daughters married
Durhams.  Patsy Reynolds married Samuel Durham in Oglethorpe County,
Georgia, in 1801.  William Durham married Rebecca Reynolds in 1805 in Greene
County, Georgia.  The exact relationship between the two Durham men is not
known except that they were probably some sort of cousins.  This branch of
Durhams came through New Kent County, Virginia, fell into St. Paul's Parish,
Hanover County, Virginia.  Was probably in Georgia by c. 1787.  There were
also several other Durham-Reynolds marriages between the Durham and Reynolds
families in later generations.

A Durham Reunion is being held on Saturday, July 11, 2015, at Durhamtown
Plantation Sports Resort on Randolph Church Road, between Temperance Bell
Crossroads and Daniel Springs, north of Hwy 44 from Washington from Union
Point, Greene County, Georgia.  Lunch is Dutch Treat at about $8.50 per
person.  Lunch catered by Durhamtown Plantation, Bevelyn's Kitchen.  Menu is
pork bar-b-que, Brunswick stew, baked beans, potatoes salad, etc.
Durhamtown Plantation has a web site where anyone interested in attending
can call in a lunch reservation.  This is being organized by some of the
descendants of Uncle Samuel Durham who had the usual big family of brothers
and sisters.  Durhamtown Plantation is a sports resort run by Mike McCommons
whose grandfather was Carson Durham who married Lottie Lunsford.  Uncle
Carson was my mother's oldest brother.  His great grandfather was John
Calvin (Cab) Durham who was a brother of this Samuel.  So please come if you
have an interest in Durham family history.  If you think you might be
interested in having a copy of my Durham printout from my (PAF) computer
genealogy file, 200 + pages, please let me know with an up date on the new
generations of your family since our last reunion in 2002.  Cost for a book
about $25.00  to cover cost of printer ink, paper, binding comb etc., padded
envelop if you want one mailed later. Contact me off line.

All branches of Durhams with connections to this family are welcome for the
price of lunch.  If you need a special diet bring something you can eat
particularly if you are diabetic. Cousin Mike does not have a concept of
green vegetables and fruit.  Get gas for your car/truck in Washington,
Greensboro, etc. before you come if you need it. Cell phone service and wifi
don't work there.

This family are descendants of John Calvin Durham #1 who married Sarah/Sally
Booles/Bowles in Greene County, Georgia, in 1831.  He was a wheelwright.
Her father Jackson Booles/Bowles was the one with the "plantation", owner of
22 slaves at one time.  His "plantation" was located near Temperance Bell
Crossroads.

Vivian Toole Cates, Alto, Texas 75926-5706 1-936-858-3801 vtoole at myinu.net