[Reynolds-L] We Need Your Help!

Joe Reynolds Joe.Reynolds at reynoldsfamily.org
Thu Oct 30 11:53:13 EDT 2014

Hello Cousins,

In 1992, Lee Clements wrote in the "Centennial Collection":

"As the RFA prepares to enter into its second century, it must keep in mind
the lessons learned from the past. While the current situation is a good
one, it cannot remain so without hard work and committed workers. The
Association cannot become so dependent on a few individuals that the body of
members become complacent and do not participate. The effects of this could
be life-threatening, as experience has shown."

Those words could not be more true than today!  An Association is just that,
"a group of people organized for a joint purpose."  Although we elect and
appoint leaders for our Association, these individuals are there to guide
and direct, not to run the association.  It takes all members to effectively
run any organization such as ours.

The attendance at our last two Annual Reunions has been way down.  In the
early years and into the mid 1900's we had fewer members, but many more
attended our functions.  In the past when I have asked for volunteers, I
have only received one or two reply's, if that.  We have a new Newsletter
Editor that will take over on January 1st and she needs articles and
information.

There are two major projects that need attention right now!  One is
re-numbering our current Line Organizations and the other is setting up next
year's Annual Reunion.  I need some volunteers who have Family Tree Maker,
or another genealogy program, who can data enter information from paper
files and then export it as a GEDCOM file.  I also need volunteers to serve
on the Reunion Committee.  I'm not asking that you set the entire thing up,
just be willing to do some research on the computer and assist in locating a
place for the meeting, a hotel, etc.

Please consider helping out!

Joe

Larry "Joe" Reynolds