[Parish of Saint Monica] Join us tomorrow between 1 and 3 PM

Fr. Jon Thomas jthomas at accatholic.org
Sat Jun 6 17:20:04 EDT 2020

"The Holy Trinity: the relationships of the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit"

Only new and renewed relationships can heal our nation.  Join the Parish of
Saint Monica on Trinity Sunday, June 7 anytime between 1 and 3 PM at 2651
Atlantic Avenue.  Flowers will be available to place at the Mary shrine or
the Mother Emma Lewis statue.  As you place your flower, identify a
relationship you can form or renew.  The flowers will beautify the Star of
the Sea grounds, an action against the destruction of our cities, but more
importantly, the relationship to which you (re)commit will heal our
communities.  We ask that you wear your mask and social distancing will be
observed.  In conformity with NJ executive order, no more than 25 people
will be permitted to gather at any one time.

We are a united parish and as a united parish we condemn racism and
violence and offer forgiveness for these and other sins through the
sacrament of reconciliation.

Mother Emma Lewis (1869-1921) was the founder of the former St. Monica’s
Church on Pennsylvania Avenue and its ministry to Black Catholics.  Her
bust, dedicated on the property in 2008, now stands proudly in front of Our
Lady Star of the Sea Church.

--
Fr. Jon Thomas
Pastor, Parish of Saint Monica