[Papyrus-L] Is this list still active

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Fri Jan 14 02:34:58 EST 2022

Gordon Scobie is right! Papyrus is indeed still excellent.

I use it on a desktop computer with the latest 32-bit version of Windows. All files are backed up, by way of memory sticks and a movable hard drive, to two laptops. The laptops, dammit, have 64-bit Windows. On one laptop I can run Papyrus with the 4DOS emulator, but I do this only to read from the database. When my desktop computer dies, all my Papyrus program files and other data should still be on two laptops, a movable hard drive and three memory sticks.

Thank you, Taber, for drawing attention to vDos.  It may be a better DOS emulator than 4DOS.

Best regards,  John.

J. A. Kiernan MB, ChB, PhD, DSc

Professor Emeritus, Anatomy and Cell Biology

University of Western Ontario, London, Canada

https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/anatomy/people/bios/emeriti/kiernan_john.html

Also  Secretary, Biological Stain Commission, Inc.

http://biostain.com

= = =