[Papyrus-L] moving Papyrus from PC to MAC via BibTex

Ann Greer agreer at uwm.edu
Sat Jun 11 12:20:29 EDT 2011

An alternative that I have found very satisfactory is Sente reference
manager for Mac. In recent years, realizing that I could not transfer my
Papyrus notecards, I had begun to put my notes into the Papyrus Abstract
space. Unlike some alternative prorams that I have tried, Sente did import
these very long "abstracts" without difficulty (using BibTex--it is there).
But much better, I was able to transferred all my old note cards, They do
not function as in Papyrus but they are there and usable. From Papyrus I
printed out into Word a master document of all my notecards, had a secretary
break them into separate files with the notecards for a given reference as
one file, then attached the file to the reference in Sente. So nothing is
lost. It is very easy and fast to attache and retrieve Sente attachments.
The transfer went very quickly. Sente has a note feature also but after the
problem of transferring notes from Papyrus, I think I might carry forward
attaching my notes as attachments. (I also regret the long abstracts.)

2011/6/11 Anne Leader <annecleader at gmail.com>

> Can anyone tell me how to write an Output Format for BibTex in PC? I have

> bought a MAC and can no longer limp along running Papyrus in DOS on my PC. I

> am thinking of moving to Bookends (unless someone has a better program with

> notecard feature), but I need to do the output in BibTex and only have an

> Input Format on the PC.

> Many thanks!

> Anne

Ann Lennarson Greer
Professor of Sociology and Urban Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
Office: 1-414-229-6944/4388
Office fax: 1-414-229-4266