[Papyrus-L] Using Text Extract under Windows 7 with DOSBox

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 10 16:31:13 EST 2011

Yes, I've made it work. What I do is save in older word file format
(has to be Word 7/95), but I also installed Word for Dos in the
DOSBox partition (Microsoft gives it away free). That seems to do
the trick. But it does loose lots of formatting.

Raisa Deber

On 10-Feb-11, at 3:17 PM, Sampson,David wrote:

> I’ve read with interest John Kiernan’s recent posts (9/6/10 – 9/9,

> 9/24), and the related discussion, about running Papyrus under

> Windows 7 using DOSBox.

> But following these suggestions, I cannot get Text Extract (TE) to

> work properly. I’m using Word 2007 (*.docx files) as my word

> processor. I can get TE to run, but the new file that it generates

> is junk. I’ve tried putting out the Word 2007 source file either in

> the older Word format (*.doc) or as ASCII text, with the same result.

> Are any of you having success using Text Extract under these

> conditions? If so, can any of you provide details?

> I continue to like Papyrus because of its Notecard feature,

> although we’re all aware that many colleges and universities are

> using other programs. Here at Colorado State University, EndNotes

> is recommended by the university library, and also by several

> academic departments.

> Thanks in advance.

> Best,

> Dave Sampson

> Food Science & Human Nutrition

> Colorado State University

> Fort Collins, CO 80523

Raisa Deber, PhD
Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Director, CIHR Team in Community Care and Health Human Resources
(www.teamgrant.ca)
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street Suite 425
Toronto, ON M5T 3M6