[Papyrus-L] Papyrus installation in Windows 7

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Wed Sep 8 20:08:28 EDT 2010

It should work with Vista. The DOSBox documentation indicates that it can be used to run DOS programs under XP, Vista and Win7. I've not yet tried DOSBox on a computer with Vista.

Papyrus runs fairly smoothly under Vista (without recourse to DOSBox) if you set the compatibility to an earlier Windows version such as Win95. This is done by right-clicking the Papyrus icon, selecting Properties, and then Compatibility. Check the little square and choose an older version from the list that appears. This trick doesn't work with Win7.

DOSBox won't run older non-DOS Windows programs. A notable example is the splendid WIMP95 chemical structure drawing software.

John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada
= = =