[Papyrus-L] Instructions for transferring to Mac

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Sun Mar 8 05:11:51 EDT 2009

Ann Greer wrote:

>For decades, I have sustained Papyrus on my XP desktop PCs and all

>my Papyrus files are in the PC program. Recently I acquired a 2002

>Mac Ibook with the Classic environment (OS 9.0 and a system upgrade

>to OS X 10.3). Although hoping that use of Papyrus would be simpler

>and faster, I am stuck at the starting point. Are there instructions

>I can follow that will walk me through installation of Papyrus on my

>Mac and migration of my PC files? (So far I have been told to update

>Quicktime to 6.0.3 which I did not yet do and am not sure how to do

>and the download from Researchsoftwaredesign did not complete. Can

>anyone help? Thank you. Ann Greer

To install Papyrus for the Macintosh, download and decompress the
application itself from
<http://www.researchsoftwaredesign.com/Download8.html>, and the help
files, various manuals, and format libraries from
<http://www.researchsoftwaredesign.com/Download8.html>.

Put the application and the "Papyrus Help" folder into a single
folder, as indicated in Chapter 1 of the Papyrus Reference manual.
You can place the manuals and format libraries into the same folder,
or wherever you prefer.

Launch Papyrus (Chapter 2 of the Reference manual) and create a fresh
Papyrus database as described in Chapter 1 of the Workbook manual.

The instructions for transferring your existing Papyrus references
from your PC to your Mac are in Chapter 29 of the Workbook manual.

(Papyrus doesn't use Quicktime in any way that I can think of, and
shouldn't care which version of Quicktime you happen to have
installed.)

--
Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

Research Software Design The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
617 SW Hume Street
Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/