[Papyrus-L] help with import

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Wed Dec 24 03:00:14 EST 2008

At 2:40 PM -0500 12/16/08, Raisa Deber wrote:

>We're still using Papyrus as our database, but trying to write

>output formats to allow people to do text extractions. Since we

>have filed everything by the Papyrus number (and "everything" is

>currently > 19,000 entries!) we want to export the Papyrus number.

>Bib Tex wants the first part of the export to be the reference type.

>We can't seem to find a field for the Papyrus number to allow us to

>export it anywhere other than the beginning. Any thoughts other

>than writing post-processors?

You're right -- this is one of the limitations in Papyrus 7.0 that we
fixed in Papyrus 8.0 (the Mac version).

For Papyrus 7.0, you're stuck with a post-processor.

Unless, hmm, you want to output all of your Articles in one batch,
all of your Books in a second batch, etc...

You could make separate Groups according to Reference Type. Then you
could tweak the output format before exporting each Group. In the
Indentation/Numbering part of the format, specify an appearance of
"Other". Then:

Punctuation preceding the number: "ARTICLE|NUMBER="
Punctuation following the number: |
Justify the Number left or right: Left
From column #1
Thru column #1
Text on first line starts in column #2
Subsequent lines (of each paragraph) start in column #3

Your whole output file will have an extra space of indentation on
each line, but that's easy to fix afterwards.

--
Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

Research Software Design The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
617 SW Hume Street
Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/