[Papyrus-L] Searchable bibliographies on the wire

Christopher K. Starr ckstarr99 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:45:19 EDT 2008

Dear Friends,

Here is a question that some of you have undoubtedly already resolved: How do I go about putting a Papyrus-generated bibliography on my department's webpage in searchable form? I have two specialized bibliographies, one amounting to about 280 and the other to about 1600 references. Each of them is probably far better than what anyone else has generated in those particular areas, so it makes sense to put them up there for everyone. Simply putting it up as a word-processed bibliography would be very easy, but at least in the case of the longer bibliography it would be of rather limited use. I admit that I am at best semi-literate in these things, a competent Papyrus user but nearly clueless at putting anything on the wire. I admit that I haven't examined the company's site with this question in mind, so it may be that instructions are already there (if I could make any sense of them).

If any of you who has already had occasion to learn how to do this would like to take me under her/his wing and instruct me over the next month or so, much obliged. That is, however, a tall order, so I will be happy with whatever advice I can get.

Please note that I am about to go over to Tobago for the next six days -- it's not what you think; I will be in the woods, collecting bugs, and not lounging on the beach -- during which I will be out of electronic contact. I mention this in case anyone responds swiftly and then wonders why I stay silent.

Regards,Chris

Christopher K. Starr
Dep't of Life Sciences
University of the West Indies
St Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago
http://www.sta.uwi.edu/fsa/lifesciences/

"Back in 1772, a ruined pair of shoes once learned how to speak. Actual words were punctuated by an animalistic barking and a howling, a longing for roads."
Maurice Greenia in The Poetic Express vol. 23 no. 2