[Papyrus-L] Running Papyrus on Windows XP Professional v. 2002

w.t.l.jr at juno.com w.t.l.jr at juno.com
Tue Jan 24 10:53:36 EST 2006

To any or all:
I have recently tried to run Papyrus 7.0 on my IBM ThinkPad R31, which has Windows XP Professional version 2002 as its operating system. This Papyrus version ran fine on my dekstop Dell with Windows 98, but it won't run on the laptop. I have copied all of the Papyrus files to a folder labeled Papyrus on the C: drive except Index.bib, which is too big for a floppy..
It was my plan to rebuild Index.bib from the other .bib files, but I find that all of the executable files give me an error message saying, in effect, "Can't run 16 bit program. Check your .PIF file."  I have tried  the Windows XP compatibility wizard with Windows 98 (and 95) selected, but still the same result. Also, I found a Papyrus .PIF file but I get the same message when I try to open it.
The Papyrus Status Report of January 2004 says Papyrus 7.0 can be run under Windows 2000 or Windows XP, as well as many other operating systems. Can someone help me get Papyrus  working on my laptp?
Bill L.  email w.t.l.jr at juno.com