[Papyrus-L] Special letters and Win XP

Bob Barrett bob.barrett at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Dec 7 18:24:37 EST 2005

Rodgers, John R. wrote:

> Frederick,
>  The ways of Papyrus in XP seem pretty mysterious. I have had no
> problem with the Papyrus special character set using XP.  I suppose
> the good news there for you

Frederick,
    Another way - more cumbersome - is to use Partition Magic or similar
and make two operating systems on your computer. You can run PAP on a
WIN98 and XP on the other. You then need to prepare the references in
98, copy to a file and re-paste to your final XP document. However, I
think John is right and you should try to get XP working with Papyrus.

    By the way, does anyone know what the derivation of the papyrus word
is? I assume it might be Assyrian for reed or ...?

--
Bob Barrett
Discipline of Wine & Horticulture
e-mail: bob.barrett at adelaide.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is