[Papyrus-L] Installing PAP on XP Service Pack 1

Avishai Antonovsky msavish at mscc.huji.ac.il
Thu Oct 13 04:50:27 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have PAP 7.016c installed on a PC running WIN 98 SE. Works fine. I want to
install it on my Compaq Evo N800v laptop, running XP SP1. I downloaded the
installation file (PAP7017.EXE) and installed it, carefully following the
instructions found on the website. The istallation went smooth and was
successful. However, when I launch the program, I get a full, completely
blue, empty screen. It's not the Windows' known blue freezing screen. It's
as if PAP stops right after opening it's initial blue screen, before
anything appears on it. The only way to exit is to alt-tab back to Windows
and force it to End the program. Of course I pressed Y when asked, if Id
like to run PAP under Windows.

I've tried various compatibility options, as well as exiting all other
programs before launching PAP, but nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Avishai