[Papyrus-L] cant paste

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 16 09:50:43 EDT 2005

At 11:03 PM 8/14/2005, you wrote:

>John-
>
>Well, I gave it a try, but I'm having trouble with it.  Would you be able
>to forward the word macros?

It doesn't have to be that complex.  You do use the clipboard, but you
indicate via Papyrus preferences that you're using a disk file instead of
the clipboard.  However, I've found that you can export citations from
Papyrus via a "clipboard" file easily, but I haven't been able to figure
out how to import that way.  (Material can be imported using the import
formats, but I haven't figured out how to paste things in.)  That being
said - go to Preferences, OS2/NT Clipboard, and specify a file.  (I tend to
use c:\pap\cited.txt).  Indicate that citations go to the clipboard.  Then,
from within your word processor, just go to "import a file", and tell it
that the file is c:\pap\cited.txt (or whatever file you specified).  Works
fine for me.

But be careful to save in Word 6/95 format!  (Word Perfect works much more
smoothly, but I know that most people don't use it anymore.)

Hope this works for you.
Raisa Deber

>Thanks very much,
>
>Scott O'Keeffe
>

>----------

Raisa B. Deber, PhD
Professor
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, 2nd Floor
12 Queen's Park Crescent West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8
telephone: (416) 978-8366
fax:  (416) 978-7350
e-mail:  raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Director: M-THAC (From Medicare To Home And Community) Research
Unit.  www.m-thac.org