[Papyrus-L] Transferring between databases: Picky little difficulty

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 10 07:32:04 EDT 2005

Chris,
    no - horror- don't convert to word processor!

first, you probably just need to copy the file called "format.flb" from the
Pap directory on the one machine onto the same directory of the second
machine.

Then go   liBrary
  type in format.flb

and then copy  papx  from that library.

  -john

hit return, and you should get a list of available .flb files

At 06:19 AM 8/10/2005, you wrote:

>Dear Dave and Friends,
>
>For the first time I have tried to transfer references from one Papyrus
>machine to another, according to the instructions on pages W155-156.  I
>think I got it all right on the donor machine -- hard to tell until I
>attempt the import to the acceptor -- but now I can't seem to copy the
>PAPX format into the acceptor database.  Go to Format, fine.  Go to
>liBrary, fine.  But beyond that I get nothing but error messages or
>misdirections.  My guess is that the instructions aren't spelled out
>specifically enough for a near-computer-illiterate such as myself, but
>there may really be something wrong with the system.  Please advise.
>
>And a corollary question.  The references I want to import only amount to
>163.  Would I do almost as well just turning them into a word-processed
>file and importing by that route?
>
>Regards,
>Chris
>
>Christopher K. Starr
>Dep't of Life Sciences
>University of the West Indies
>St Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago
>tel (868) 645-3232 ext 3096 or 662-2002 ext 3096
>fax (868) 663-5241 or 663-9684
><http://www.uwi.tt:8081/lifesci/index.htm>http://www.uwi.tt:8081/lifesci/index.htm

John R. Rodgers, PhD
Department of Immunology
Room M929
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, Texas 770303
phone: 713-798-3903
fax: 713-798-3700
email: jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu

~ Our knowledge is a torch of smoky pine       ~
~ That lights the pathway but one step ahead  ~
  ~                 George Santayana "O World"     ~