[Papyrus-L] ".NEW" file and Word 2000 /Win XP

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Aug 9 20:35:27 EDT 2005

I think the problem is Word, as usual.  If I'm forced to work in Word, as
in a collaboration, I convert to WordPerfect and save as a WP
file.  Papyrus has had no problem handling these files.  Then I convert
back to Word. Forget RTF- Word long lost interest in a common RTF language,
typical  for microcephalicsofthead .

if anyone has a better solution....!
-John Rodgers

At 07:29 PM 8/9/2005, you wrote:
>Dear All
>
>I've been struggling with the problems of Papyrus under Win XP but
>generally getting by with help from previous fora. However, when I have
>managed the citing and the text extraction and created my .NEW file I find
>it tends to crash Word when I try to open it to read, edit and paste in
>the citation list. Sometimes I can manage by only making a few changes in
>between each document save, sometimes I can't seem to achieve anything.
>Any ideas?
>
>Sue P

John R. Rodgers, PhD
Department of Immunology
Room M929
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, Texas 770303
phone: 713-798-3903
fax: 713-798-3700
email: jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu

~ Our knowledge is a torch of smoky pine       ~
~ That lights the pathway but one step ahead  ~
  ~                 George Santayana "O World"     ~