[Papyrus-L] Papyrus and Word 2003/Windows XP Home

raisa.deber at utoronto.ca raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 23 09:51:45 EST 2005

Quoting Sharon Smith <hsp01ses at gold.ac.uk>:

> Dear fellow list members,
>
> I have installed Papyrus 7.0.17 on my computer (platform Windows Home XP)
> and am using Word 2003.  Unfortunately I can't cite references or
> notecards as they don't appear on the Office Clipboard.  Could someone
> please advise me of a way to solve/workaround this problem?
Go to Preferences
Go to OS2/NT Clipboard
Say Yes you want to use a disk file instead of the clipboard
Give it a name (I use c:\pap\cited.txt)
Then when you ask Papyrus to cite to the clipboard, it will insert the
material into that file.
Then from Word, just ask it to insert that disk file whenever you want to
cite.

By the way, you will also find that text extract won't work properly with the
Word 2003 file format (or with its version of RTF).  Make sure you have the
right converters; Word 6/95 works well.  So does Word Perfect, if it will save
to that. (I'm still on Windows 2000 with an earlier version of office, so
don't know what converters are supplied with Wood 2003; you may need to
install a converter pack.)
Sincerely
Raisa Deber