[Papyrus-L] faulel - quickbasic program to delete FAU lines

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Oct 26 22:47:31 EDT 2004

Dear Listers,

Here's a little routine to remove the FAU line from your PUBMED
downloads.  unzip it and put the faudel.exe somewhere useful-like in your
the directory that contains your PAP program files.  Then make a shortcut
to faudel.exe on your desktop and under properties change the command line
to read that appropriately, and the WORKING to read the directory you like
to put your downloads for Papyrus .  In my case, the CMD line reads c:\pap
while the WORKING line reads  c:\pap\mhc

When you click on the faudel icon it will pop up a DOS window and ask
"input file =?" .  Enter the name of the raw PUBMED file.

It will generate a new file called TEMP which has stripped out the FAU
lines.  It also removes empty lines unless they are after the SO record.

Then, in Papyrus, you can Import the file TEMP.   Please let me know if
this works for you.

-John Rodgers