[Papyrus-L] frozen lists

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Sep 21 22:48:52 EDT 2004

Ron Davis said:

> >Papyrus is not stable in Windows 2000; search lists scroll
> >uncontrollably. During editing some items have become corrupted
>and
> >now freeze search lists. Any solution?
> >-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was
> >scrubbed...
corruption a number of years ago.  Regeneration might solve the
problem.  But I don't think that helped then.  As I recall, there were a
few bad records, and whenever I tried to open one of them from a list it
would be corrupt, and crash the program.  I think I figured it out by using
a binary search to isolate the bad record, and then listing numerically the
good records out to a papx file.  Very cumbersome, but I only had to do
that one time in a "zillion" years of using this program.
    keep us posted,please
      -john rodgers