[Papyrus-L] File corruption

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 20 18:23:10 EDT 2004

At 07:59 AM 9/20/2004 -0400, Ronald Davis wrote:

>Papyrus is not stable in Windows 2000; search lists scroll uncontrollably.
>During editing some items have become corrupted and now freeze search
>lists. Any solution?

I'm using Papyrus with Windows 2000, and it works beautifully.  I suspect
you haven't adjusted the settings under Properties.
If you go to
http://www.researchsoftwaredesign.com/DOS.html
there is a link to clear instructions.
That might do it.

As to 'corrupted', I would try the index file regeneration, under
utilities.  (I would save a backup first!)
If that doesn't work, try making a back-up (under utilities) and then
restoring.
Hope this helps.
Raisa Debe

Raisa B. Deber, PhD
Professor
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, 2nd Floor
12 Queen's Park Crescent West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8
telephone: (416) 978-8366
fax:  (416) 978-7350
e-mail:  raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Director: M-THAC (From Medicare To Home And Community) Research
Unit.  www.m-thac.org