[Papyrus-L] Problem with Sorting

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Thu Nov 20 21:48:19 EST 2003

I wrote:

>Try this:
>
>(1) Make a backup copy of all your Papyrus *.BIB files, just to be safe.
>(2) In Papyrus, go to Utilities and run Index File Regeneration.

Aasheesh replied:

>Dave,    I've already done that, but it did not help.

Then here is the next thing to try:

(1) Make a backup copy of all your Papyrus *.BIB files, just to be safe.
(2) In Papyrus, go to Utilties and run Create Back-up Files.
(3) Still at the Utilties menu, run Restore From Back-up Files.

If THAT procedure does not help (and does not produce any error
messages), then I suspect that one of your references contains a
particularly odd author name -- probably actually a corrupted byte or
two in the database. In that event, you'll have to send me either (a)
a copy of the *.BB files from step 2 (Create Back-up Files) if step 2
ran to completion without error messages, or (b) a copy of all your
*.BIB files from step 1.

--
    Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/