[Papyrus-L] Problem with List function

Ostazeski, Stan ostazs at BATTELLE.ORG
Tue Sep 2 13:26:21 EDT 2003

On another note...on list the cursor bounces between screen, printer, and
file.  I remember that it was a fairly easy fix but can't recall just what
it was.  Please help, am running under Windows 2000.

Stan Ostazeski

-----Original Message-----
From: John R. Rodgers
To: papyrus-l at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Sent: 9/2/2003 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Papyrus-L] Problem with List function

I get this message when working at home on a Win98 machine using an
older
version of Word.  The Papyrus output is in RTF format; I open it in
WordPerfect, then copy and paste into Word.  I think the problem MIGHT
be I
didn't install the RTF converter when I intalled that dad-gum Word
program.
  On the other hand, I have often found that Word can't open rtf files
from
other versions of Word.  I open them in WordPerfect, etc.

 -JOhn Rodgers

At 11:24 AM 9/2/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Dave/remaining members of the Papyrus listserver:
>
>When I discovered that the "final" version of Papyrus was not
compatible
with the latest XP version of Word, I switched to Word 2000, which I
understand should be compatible with Papyrus V7.0.16c.

>Nonetheless, when I run a Word 2000 document through Papyrus to
generate
my reference list, I still have problems.

>Specifically, the text extract function appears to work, i.e. reference
numbers are generated in the body of the manuscript; but I am unable to
open the new file, generated by the List function, that includes the