[Papyrus-L] Windows XP: Jiggling cursor

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Wed Aug 27 06:15:14 EDT 2003

>I am using Windows XP on my laptop and whenever I do a search in
>Papyrus, the cursor does a crazy dance all over the searched items.
>How do I counter this?

Here are some additional hints:

This problem will go away if you run Papyrus in full screen mode. You
can switch between full screen and windowed modes by pressing
Alt-Enter.

If you prefer to run in windowed mode, then follow these steps:

  (a) Right-click the PAPYRUS icon, choose Properties.
  (b) In the Misc tab, turn on mouse "Exclusive mode", turn off "Fast pasting".
  (c) Click OK.

  (1) Launch PAPYRUS.
  (2) Switch to window, via Alt-Enter.
  (3) From the control menu (upper left corner of window, or Alt-Space),
      choose Properties.
  (4) In the Options tab, turn off "QuickEdit Mode" and "Insert Mode".
  (5) Click OK.
  (6) Choose "Save properties for future windows with same title", and click
      OK.
  (7) Quit PAPYRUS.
  (8) Future launches should show better mouse functioning.

One other hint if all else fails: move the mouse so that the mouse
cursor is located over the Papyrus pop-up menu that is flickering.

    Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/