[Papyrus-L] XP + XP + Papyrus

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Jan 20 08:31:34 EST 2003

Interesting.  But even if XP does update the files, how can it do it when
it isn't running?  If you boot into Win98 and are using Papyrus with a word
processor, how can XP affect the files?  Sounds like that relativistic
physics problem- entanglement!
     Make sure that you win 98 can run all the drivers you need for your
machine.  I had a new XP machine, reloaded with win98 and found I couldn't
get drivers for the modem that would run under Win98!
The manufacturer hadn't made such drivers, and generics didn't seem to run
it.  So I couldn't use the modem. Then it turned out that the Win98 OS
didn't recognize all the USB ports on the new machine.  That's when I "gave
the machine away".
  -john rodgers
At 11:02 PM 1/20/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>Thank you for your replies to my question.
>
>I loaded Partition Magic 7.0, and loaded Office 2000. It seems that XP
>"updates" the files, and so in (a short) time they are XP files any way.
>Papyrus will run on the combination of XP operating system + Office 2000 .
>
>I have been unsuccessful in downloading openoffice software.
>
>I am now considering that the next intervention will be to load a new hard
>drive solely for windows 98 + office 2000.
>
>Yvonne Coleman
>Founding Principal
>Nutrition Consultants Australia
>PO Box 16