[Papyrus-L] RFI

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Mon Dec 23 00:35:22 EST 2002

Aasheesh Pittie wrote:

>I have a database with entries that contain abstracts as well as
>notecards. I want to give this database for use to others (with
>Papyrus Retreiver) but without the abstracts and the notecards. Is
>this possible? How? I'll be grateful for any help. Thanks.

You would have to export all of the records from the database and
then import them into a new database, omitting the notecards and
abstracts in the process.

One way would be to export using the PAPX format, telling Papyrus to
list out all references but not their notecards. Then you could
create a new, empty database, copy the PAPX format from the
IMPORT.FLB format library, and modify this copy of PAPX to ignore the
contents of the Abstract field. Finally, use this modified version of
PAPX to import the references.

--
-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/