[Papyrus-L] What Papyrus has done for me

Aasheesh Pittie aasheesh at vsnl.in
Thu May 23 23:06:31 EDT 2002

Dear Friends,

This email is in the form of a big and hearty THANK YOU to Dave for creating Papyrus.

I have been using Papyrus for a few years now and have managed to create a bibliographic database of 20,000+ references on the ornithology of the Indian region. As all of you know, bibliographic work never ends. Therefore I spend about 2-3 hours every day, tightening nuts and bolts on the database. It is a source of great joy to me. The database has received good and positive reviews in major journals and is being used by institutes like the Smithsonian, British Museum, Bombay Natural History Society, etc., besides a number of individuals interested in the ornithology of the region.

Working with Papyrus is easy and facilities of outputting records fantastic.

Dave (and team), thank you for making this possible for me.

========================
Best wishes and regards!

Aasheesh Pittie
8-2-545 Road No 7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034, India.
PHONES: Work: 91-40-3352269 / Res: 91-40-3350683 / Fax: 91-40-3356064.
E-MAIL: aasheesh at vsnl.in

"Vivat, crescat, floreat Ornithologia Indiae."
E. Mayr, Rec. Indian Mus., 1952, L(I): 2.
[Let Indian Ornithology live, grow and flourish.]

*** Contact me for details of the CD-rom based:
"A Bibliographic Index to the Ornithology of the Indian Subcontinent" ***

Visit the Website of Birdwatchers' Society of Andhra Pradesh:
http://www.bsaponline.org